Looking to rent?
- Looking to rent? we list all of our properties onto Zoopla , PrimeLocation and our own web site .Once you have found a property you are interested in please contact the office and we will arrange a convenient time for you to view
- If you are interested in applying for a property you will need to fill out a short application form .Each person who is residing in the property over the age of 18 will need to complete one of these . ( please note applications cannot be processed unless they are filled out in full with the correct details on them )
- On return of the completed application form an admin fee will apply . We charge £130 to process your application ( per property )
- In some instances a guarantor may be required . An admin fee of £40 will be charged if this is the case
- Please be aware that some landlords impose restrictions as to Housing benefits / students / smokers & Pets (an additional pet bond may be required)
- Once we have received the online short application form we will agree in principal the application with the landlord .
- Once the application is agreed by the landlord you will receive an email from RENTSHIELD at this stage you will need to fill out a more comprehensive application .
- You will be notified by our office if you have an accept decision from RENTSHIELD at this stage you will need to supply identification (RIGHT TO RENT CHECKS )
- At this stage if you have been accepted it is important if you are renting to contact your current landlord to give the required notice of termination
- Once we have an except decision from RENTSHIELD we will organise your move in day.
On Move In Day
- On the day of move in all tenants over the age of 18 will need to be present to sign the tenancy agreement. We cannot do the signing with your identification (RIGHT TO RENT CHECKS )
- If a guarantor has been required as part of the tenancy application then the guarantor will also need to be present on signing.
- Prior to signing, a representative from Green Door will have collated the necessary paperwork which will include tenancy agreements / inventory (picture & text) a standing order mandate.
- Payments can be made by Bank transfer / Cash or Bankers draft, we can accept card payments for your rent and bond but we will charge 2.75% of the total . Funds must be cleared though before signing the tenancy agreement and key hand over. We suggest payment 1/2 days prior.
- Upon signing the tenancy you will need to pay the first months rent and a property bond (equivalent to one months rent) this bond will be held in the DPS (unless otherwise notified) for the duration of the tenancy
- Green Door will notify the relevant utility companies/ Local council office as to the date of commencement of the tenancy and the tenant contact details and relevant meter readings . We would recommend though that you contact these companies also to make sure the details supplied are correct .
- Your landlord is not required to insure the contents of your property , therefore we strongly recommend you require adequate contents insurance.